Legal and Privacy
© Copyright Paratus Clinical Pty Ltd. 2012. All rights reserved. Reproduction, adaptation, or translation without permission is prohibited except as allowed under the International copyright laws. All the text, graphics, design, content, and other works are the copyrighted works of Paratus Clinical Pty Ltd.
Paratus Clinical Pty Ltd is bound by the National Privacy Principles (NPPs) stated in the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988 (“the Privacy Act”), which regulates how we may collect, use, disclose and store personal information and how individuals may access and correct personal information held about them. Paratus Clinical Pty Ltd takes all reasonable efforts to maintain privacy when working with personal information.
COLLECTION & USE OF INFORMATION
– As standard Paratus Clinical Pty Ltd will collect personal and sensitive information about individuals, direct from the individual or indirectly from a third party
– Examples of the types of information we would usually collect are names, contact and professional details, professional qualifications and experience, clinical interests / specialties and, for clinical trials, sensitive information in the form of research data.
– We will only use personal and sensitive information for the primary purpose agreed to by the individual or for a secondary related purpose such as mandated by law.
– If you elect to participate in a trial, we may disclose your select personal and sensitive information to third party overseas recipients. Further details on how this information is disclosed and to whom is governed by the written consent, which will be provided before commencement of the trial.
– Written consent will govern for what the sensitive data is used for. In the event you choose not to participate in the trial, any personal or sensitive data collected up to that point in time will be removed from our database.
– We follow procedures to ensure that the personal and sensitive information collected is accurate, up to date and complete. The information is securely stored when in both electronic and hard copy forms and destroyed when no longer required.
– If an individual requests access to the personal and sensitive information we hold about them, or requests that we change that personal information, we will allow access or make the changes unless we consider that there is a sound reason under the Privacy Act, or other relevant law to withhold the information. If we do not agree to provide access to personal information the individual may seek a review of our decision or may appeal our decision under the Freedom of Information Act.
– If we do not agree to make requested changes to personal and sensitive information the individual may make a statement about the requested changes and we will attach this to the record.
– Further information about how to request access or make changes to the information we hold about them by contacting us, as per the contact details on this site.